Yulong U100 is a high performance, compact size USB digital to analog converter and headphone amplifier. It features RCA line out as well as 3.5mm line in, so it can be used as USB DAC to connect with an amplifier or powered speakers, or to be used as a stand alone headphone amplifier by the 3.5mm mini jack line input. U100 is intended to be used only with USB input and the circuit has been optimized for best performance for such input. There is no other digital input available. If you are looking for a product that can receive multiple types of digital input, please check out other Yulong products, including the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 which is developed by Yulong Audio.
The sound from U100 is clear, transparent, delicate and natural. High frequency switching mode power supply used is a key factor for sufficient power, low noise and good transient response. Yulong U100 is highly recommended for a PC HiFi system at very reasonable cost.
- Full aluminum casing - light weight at 480g (approx 1 lb)
- TE7220L (USB2.0/24Bit/96KHz) USB chip to process high resolution signal from computer
- Cirrus logic CS4398 (120dB dynamic range, ultra low THD+N at -107dB) for DA conversion
- Analog circuit include: ADA4075-2, which is the latest technology by ADI;
- High-precision SMD CBB capacitors from Panasonic and 0.5% SMD resistors
- The power amplifying is done by ADA4075-2 plus a "Diamond" transistor buffer circuit
- Simple, efficient and direct coupling mode of the circuit assures that the minimum signal path length, avoiding signal interference and loss during the transmission
- Line input (3.5mm mini jack) at rear
- Line output (RCA) at rear
- 1/4" Headphone jack (6.35mm) at front
- Internal high-quality switching power supply
- Global AC Power Supply (90-250V, 50/60Hz).
Functions and Operations:
Connect the external power supply, turn on the power switch on the panel, and the POWER light is on. Connect U100 to PC with the included USB cable, and the PC should automatically recognize and install driver for a new USB Audio Device as “yulongaudio”. Then you can start play music on your PC using this audio device.
Note: When the U100 is connected to the computer, the default volume is fixed to the maximum, and you cannot adjust the volume on the computer.
Note: When the rear 3.5mm mini jack is connected to a sound source, there will be no analog output to the RCA jacks. In this set up, the U100 is working as a stand alone headphone amplifier receiving analog signal from the rear panel mini jack. If you want to use U100 as a D/C converter and headphone amp at the same time, please make sure that the rear 3.5mm mini jack on rear panel is idle.
- SNR: >120dB
- Dynamic Range: 110dB
- THD+N: 0.0009% @ 1KHz
- Frequency response: 20-20KHz -0.2dB
- Power consumtion: <10W
- Headphone's out power: 100mW/300R
- Net weight: 450g / 1 lb
- Net size: 6 1/4" L x 4 1/4" W x 1 1/4" H
- Packing Size: 10" x 8" x 3"