High fidelity design with budget in mind. This vacuum Tube Digital-to-Analog Converter will connect you with modern media storage technology closer without sacrificing any bit of sound quality.
It is a 5-in-1 unit: can be used as 1) external USB DAC for laptop, 2) headphone amp, 3) tube processor for analog signal, 4) digital decoder for optical and coaxial signal, 5) pre-amplifier by activating volume control for analog outputs.
You can use it directly with your digital source such as laptop and music server and play music back through your existing amplifier or powered speakers. Or you can simply get a pair of high quality headphones and enjoy the music in private!
Breath new life into your older CD or DVD players either by connecting them to the digital or analog inputs. Turn your Blue Ray Player into a higher-end music/audio player.
Computer game music will also become less fatiguing with the tube processing of the TubeDAC-09.
Tube Rolling results thread is here:
- (5) sets of selectable inputs to allow you plenty of choices - including 2 sets RCA, 1 coaxial, 1 optical and 1 USB
- (2) sets of RCA Outputs tailored to your taste - one with transistor and one with single 6N3 (5670) vacuum tube.
- Built-in headphone amp to allow you enjoy music in privacy (standard 6.5mm jack). Transistor output.
- Key parts are of audiophile quality from Germany
- High efficiency low noise R-shape transformer which is usually used on high end audio only.
- Separate power supply rectification to analog and digital circuits
- Gold coated signal connectors throughout
- Supports 16 bit, 20 bit and 24 bit audio source through coaxial and optical inputs.
- USB chip is used to transfer data only, decoding is at 24 bit.
- Supports sampling frequency of 32k, 44k, 48k, 88k and 96kHz (automatic - not manually selectable)
- High quality processing chips used throughout - Cirrus Logic for main D/A converter and National Semiconductor LF353N for op-amp (Please understand that in order to deter unlawful design copy, manufacturer chooses not to disclose the exact model number for the main D/A converter chip and we respect their decision. The chips inside the unit have been erased off model number during production.)
- Input impedance: Analog - 100kohm; Digital - 75 kohm
- THD: Transistor output <= 0.001%; Tube output <= 0.1%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz +/-1 dB
- Max Output: 1000mWx 2 (32 ohm); 500mWx2 (300 ohm); 300mWx2 (600 ohm)
- S/N ratio: Transistor - 96dB; Tube - 90dB
- Output Voltage: 2000mV
- Dynamic Range: 117 dB
- Power supply: 115/230V, 60/50Hz selectable
- Size: 26cm Width x 17cm Depth x 5.5cm Height
- Net weight: 2kg (detachable standard IEC power cord included)
- Color: silver or black - please specify at time of order
Special Note: Current stock DAC-09 is has been configured as pre-amp mode so your volume control will control all outputs. This will not affect sound quality if you use it as a straight forward DAC.
Some previous shipment units have default set up as a DAC (volume control only works on headphone output). When using these units, make sure to turn your amp volume to lowest first and turn it up after you power on the DAC09.
If you wish to activate the volume control on RCA outputs, please follow instructions at the bottom of this web page. This must be done to use the TubeDAC-09 as a passive pre-amp.
To offer extra convenience in using this product, now we have included a high quality cable package with your purchase at no extra charge. The cable package includes: (1) USB cable, (1) Coaxial cable, (1) pair RCA cable, (1) Optical cable, and (1) headphone jack 1/8" to 1/4" converter. The cable package is worth over $50.00.